On an elegant, tree-lined street, just a short walk from the heart of Princeton, is an intentionally understated brick facade. In typical European fashion, this discrete approach belies the breathtaking beauty of the dramatic light-filled interiors that await you beyond the high brick walls surrounding the property. This 10,000+-SF contemporary six- or potentially eight-bedroom showcase home embodies impeccable architectural design, with a fluid, flexible floor plan that combines spectacular walls of glass with earth-tone brick and natural woods, along with original Frank Lloyd Wright copper light fixtures and stained glass panels. This home would be exceptional anywhere in the world, but its location truly sets it apart. Located mid-way between New York and Philadelphia and easily accessible by rail or highway, historic Princeton combines the advantages of uncrowded suburban living with Ivy League educational and cultural resources-many within easy walking distance. You are just steps away from shopping and a vibrant restaurant scene on Nassau Street and Palmer Square, as well as sporting events and more on the Princeton University campus. Whether you prefer to browse a museum, take in an NCAA football or basketball game, bike or hike along a scenic trail, or row on Lake Carnegie, you'll find opportunities nearby. The Princeton public schools are highly acclaimed, and numerous public and private educational institutions offer STEM; French, Latin and Chinese curricula; and other areas of specialization. The amenities in the home rival those of the community. Enter through the casual side door and use the sizable mudroom as you begin and end your day, stowing necessities in the wall of built-in storage compartments. A full bath, laundry room and family room, as well as three garage bays, are also easily accessible from the side door. The more formal front gallery entry leads to the grand living room and two libraries, which easily function as two home offices. The interior spaces are as livable as they are impressive. They are designed to socialize, whether you are hosting a fundraiser for over 100, a sit-down dinner for 40, or a few friends apres theater at Princeton's Tony Award-winning McCarter Theatre. The home features an Italian cherry and stainless steel restaurant-quality kitchen by Boffi and a 750-bottle wine-tasting room. Floor-to-ceiling windows flank the dining room, which sits in an exquisitely landscaped-and very private-park-like setting. The tiered family room leads out to a hardscaped waterfall garden-yet another outdoor room. All of this is accomplished within 3/4 of an acre of easily manageable outdoor space. At day's end, take the stairs or ride the elevator to the second level, where two en-suite bedrooms share the floor with two master suites. One master suite has a glass alcove, and the other has a private terrace, ideal for intimate breakfasts overlooking the waterfall below. Both suites have fireplaces and luxurious baths, one of which features a decadent 5 ft.x10 ft. multi-spray shower and sculptural tub; the other features a multi-spray steam shower and a jetted tub. Other amenities include a spacious walk-in-closet/dressing room and a skylit Boffi night kitchen. The finished lower level includes a fifth bedroom/sitting room, a full marble bath, and several areas for lounging, playing, exercising and hobbies. A one-bedroom 1,400 sq. ft. apartment has its own entrance and own terrace, as well as its own address, allowing you to share the Princeton lifestyle with out-of-town guests and relatives while still affording privacy.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary, 2 Story
7 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Tankless Water Heater, Hot Water Hea
Brick, Glass, Stucco, Concrete
10,643 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Princeton Regional Schools
JOHN WITHERSPOON M.S.
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Library, Utility Room, Mud Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- 2nd Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island, Eat-In Kitchen, Kitchenette
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Energy Star Appliance(S), Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Range-Oven, Ice Maker, Intercom System, Double Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Six Burner Range, Disposal, Cook Top Range, Dryer, Indoor Grill, Microwave, Self-Cleaning Oven, Range Hood, Washer, Single Oven, Stacked Washer/Dryer, Air Cleaner, Energy Star, Humidifier, Instant Hot Water, Water Treatment System, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Tile, Marble, Other, Wood
- Central Air, Gas, A/C - Zone
- Gas Heat. Radiant, Forced Air, Zone, Central.
- Heated, Full Finished, Poured
- 7. Wood-burning, Gas Burning.
- Grab Bars, Roll-In Shower, 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, 2+ Access Exits J, Elevator, Main Level Entry, Vehicle Transfer Area, Wheelchair Height Shelves, Wheelchair Modifications.
- Security System, 24 Hour Security, TV Entry System, Main Entrance Locked, Monitor System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Air Filter, Built-Ins, Elevator, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, wine storage, Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Fire Alarm System, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces.
- Stucco, Brick, Glass, Concrete
- Balcony, Deck, Patio
- Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Flat, Shingle, Pitched
- Lot Dimensions
- 0.00 x 0.00
- Masonry, Privacy Fence
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Grill - Outdoors, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Waterfall, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard, Front Yard. Corner, Landscaping, Premium, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Front Yard.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price